The rise in cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK has led to an increase of concerns around its effect on the workplace. The current advice is not to panic, but for employers to consider steps they can take to ensure they have everything in place should the situation escalate.
We are open for business, and here if you need us
Please be advised that across the entire Alcumus business, we have already made and are continuing to make significant steps to ensure that we are operating business as usual to you, our valued customers.
There are contingencies in place across the SafeContractor business, including remote working and reduced team members in the office, to ensure that the BAU service we provide suffers as little disruption as possible.
Now more than ever, it’s important to protect businesses across the UK – we are committed to maintaining our business as usual services to ensure;
- Contractors continue to operate in compliance with the law and win more work with our UK-leading health and safety accreditation.
- Our existing members are able to manage their membership by; using our online Contractor Portal to access and submit their audit questionnaire, renewing their annual membership online or by calling our Account Executive team, and are able to speak with our customer care team for any membership queries.
- Client organisations protect their supply chain and can secure work with reliable contractors who meet our high health and safety and business sustainability standards.
- Existing clients are able to maintain visibility of their supply chain by our Client Portal and select accredited contractor members from our approved list to award work to.
Advice for keeping your business safe during the pandemic
To help keep you informed, we have worked with Alcumus PSM to put together some guidance including employer FAQs, advice for employees and home working advice, including:
- Employer FAQs – frequently asked questions around employment law and procedures affected by the virus.
- Advice for Employees – guidance on employee responsibilities, work-based scenarios and general information on the virus.
- Home Working Guidance – an overview around building an infrastructure to support home working. Including preparing organisations and their employees for the increased isolation and cyber security risks
Click here to access our full Coronavirus Advice for Employers
Need additional HR expertise to manage your workforce?
We understand these are uncertain and unsettling times for everybody, the likes of which we’ve never seen, which is why our existing SafeContractor members can get an exclusive 30% discount on the expert HR advice provided by Alcumus PSM.
Many businesses are looking at their options in terms of managing costs, retaining staff and keeping afloat, but to do this you may require specialist support.
Our expert HR team are on hand to help with your employment questions surrounding Coronavirus. We can offer remote support so you can focus on your business, with the assurance that you have everything in place and trusted advice to call upon whenever you need it.
Click here to find out how PSM can help
The Government is providing updates on their website.
The World Health Organisation has also published advice online.
The Construction Enquirer has published a legal guide regarding construction contracts and Coronavirus.