SSiP was launched in May 2009 to facilitate the mutual recognition of assessments between member schemes, which means contractors do not need to repeat the full assessment process with multiple health and safety assessment schemes.
SSiP promotes a minimum standard of health and safety assessment. This standard - the Core Criteria - was adopted by SSiP when the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force. SSiP member health and safety assessment schemes must incorporate the core criteria standard into their assessment of contractor organisational capability.
SafeContractor accreditation is recognised by clients and other SSiP schemes, therefore removing the need for contractors to complete multiple prequalification assessments, saving both clients and contractors time and money.
Start saving time and money with SafeContractor today.
Existing members who are accredited with another SSiP scheme
If you want to renew your SafeContractor accreditation using another SSiP member accreditation, call our renewal team on
New to SafeContractor
Interested in becoming accredited with us? Learn how:
Becoming accredited with SafeContractor using another SSiP member accreditation is generally straightforward. However, there are some things to consider:
1. Your existing accreditation (with another SSiP assessment scheme) must be relevant to the work category you select for your SafeContractor accreditation. For example, if you have been accredited as a handyman with another SSiP scheme, Alcumus SafeContractor can also accredit you as a handyman. However, if you want to become accredited for a different or additional work category, you may need to provide additional information - the amount dependent on the difference.
2. SafeContractor assessment includes category-related activities that provide further insight into the risks associated with your work. So depending on the work activities you select, you may need to provide additional evidence to supplement your original assessment.
3. The SafeContractor assessment also includes details of your insurance cover, so that clients can see your level of cover and its expiry date. This is required in all circumstances.
4. Your SafeContractor accreditation will be issued for a year, but it will be suspended when your original SSiP member accreditation expires. If this happens, you will need to renew your original SSiP member accreditation or complete the full SafeContractor assessment to remain accredited with SafeContractor.
5. Although your SafeContractor accreditation will appear on our client portals it will not appear in the SSiP portal; only your original accreditation will be listed. This ensures only your original full assessment is recognised by other schemes.
© Alcumus Group Ltd 2019 All Rights Reserved Registered in England. Registered Office: Axys House, Heol Crochendy, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff CF15 7TW. Company Reg No: 07618138