Alcumus SafeContractor is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of individuals. With the implementation of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, we are taking all necessary steps to ensure GDPR compliance across the Alcumus Group of companies.
As an Alcumus SafeContractor customer, we have prepared this FAQ aimed to provide an overview of how we process your personal data.
Do we hold any of your personal data and who is the data subject?
Yes, we hold your personal data in order to deliver accreditation services in accordance with the contract we have with you (or your organisation). GDPR applies in respect of such personal data. You are the data subject in relation to any personal data relating to you.
What types of personal data do we hold?
The types of personal data we may hold are as follows: name, address, email address, telephone number, technical data relating to your use of the SafeContractor portals (including your internet protocol address, login data, and information on your usage of the portals).
What are the portals?
SafeContractor operates two portals:
- the SafeContractor Payment Portal (where we collect a contractor’s identity, contact and financial data, for the purpose of processing a payment from them); and
- the SafeContractor Accreditation Portal (where we collect such personal data as is required from the contractor, for the purpose of accrediting them under the SafeContractor scheme).
Each portal will hold different types of information about a contractor. Our portal privacy policies (which can be found in the footer of each portal) provide further information regarding the types of personal data we collect, our purpose for processing it, and how we look after it.
Where do we store your data?
We store your personal data on our internal systems and also on the portals outlined above.
Do we transfer any of your personal data outside of England and Wales?
No, all personal data is stored in England and Wales. We do not transfer data outside of the EEA.
What is the purpose of processing the personal data?
We always ensure we are legally entitled to process your personal data. The purposes for which we process your personal data are as follows:
- to perform our contract with you or your organisation;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
What activities do you we undertake with your data?
We may use your personal data to:
- register you as a customer or portal user;